ON TOP OF ITS CLASS: MASERATI LEVANTE MY19
The adoption of the Twin Turbo V8 engine brings the Levante on top of its class in terms of outright performance, driving dynamics and exclusivity. Alongside the V8 campaign, the entire MY19 range has inherited new contents which enhance its “Gran Turismo” character.
Exterior: High-end interpretation of Levante
The Maserati Design Centre in Turin proposes a restyling for the new V8 versions, which has also been adopted by GranSport trim, which now features a sportier, more dynamic appearance.
The design concept of the Levante combines coupé lines with interior space for five people and exceptional aerodynamic efficiency. The Maserati of SUVs is instantly recognisable from a distance, thanks to its imposing grille, which was inspired by the sensational Alfieri concept, but also pays homage to historic Maserati cars like the Tipo 60 Birdcage.
There is a palette of eleven colours in the MY19 catalogue only for the V6 Levante versions. Two of them are brand new tri-coat colours, the Rosso Potente, which has been created to celebrate the racing heritage of Italian sports cars, and the Blu Nobile with sparkling glass flakes glimmering under the sunlight.
Interior: First class environment, luxury or sport oriented
The interior design of the Levante is focused either on luxury or sportiness, respectively in the GranLusso and GranSport trims. The spacious cabin blends innovative solutions, such as the state-of-the art infotainment system, with precious materials like the newly introduced full-grain Pieno Fiore natural leather.
Powertrain: 550hp to 590hp 3.8-litre Twin Turbo V8
Maserati installed an upgraded version of its powerful Twin Turbo V8 engine under the bonnet of the Levante to deliver two of the fastest SUVs ever built. It is for the first time that Maserati mates the mighty Twin Turbo V8 with its Q4 Intelligent All-Wheel Drive system.
Chassis: Retuned for the new V8 versions
The objective of the Levante was to deliver Maserati-grade on-road handling and surprisingly competitive off-road capabilities. The new V8 versions offer unrivalled performance in the SUV class also thanks to focused chassis retuning.
Driving Experience: Integrated Vehicle Control and Active ADAS
The Maserati Integrated Vehicle Control (IVC) function has been incorporated in the Maserati Stability Program control for the first time in the Levante range, while the optional active Advanced Driver Assistance Systems provide Level 2 autonomous driving technology.
Model Development: Challenging testing in five continents
The Levante has been subjected to a long and rigorous programme of reliability tests, which included environments where no other Maserati had ever been before.
- New 590hp Trofeo and 550hp GTS V8 versions.
- Re-engineered 3.8-litre Twin Turbo V8 is most powerful Maserati engine today.
- Distinct styling theme for MY19 GranSport trim inspired by Levante GTS and Trofeo.
- Specific exterior features for GranLusso trim.
- Adaptive full LED Matrix headlights for the first time in the Levante range.
- New colours, wheel designs and interior veneers.
- Updated Nerissimo package.
- Redesigned gearshift lever with shorter travel and improved operation.
- Pieno Fiore natural leather widens choice of exclusive interiors.
- Retuned, sport-oriented chassis for new V8 versions.
- Standard IVC on all versions, “Corsa” Driving mode with Launch Control for Trofeo.
- Handling Packs with performance brakes for Levante 350hp and Diesel.